“Thanks for a great website it was extremely helpful to me in 2011 when I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis! I just turned 41 and was back from Jamaica and BOOM all of these painful flareups moving from joint to joint, taking place over a 4 week period.
The diagnosis was devastating, but coming from years of digestive issues, I had a suspicion I could cure myself using food – the very cause of so many of my problems. Thanks for to the work of this doctor I have healed myself and have all movement back in my feet, knees and hands.
The PALEO diet took 6 months to get me mobile again and walking properly. I am so thankful and very saddened for the millions of people who suffer in pain each day or are medicated when they DON’T NEED TO BE. The pain of a flare up is UNBELIEVABLE = its like you are ON FIRE. Terrible pain and I feel for those who suffer daily with this. My doctor laughed that
I cured myself and said to me “maybe you really never had it” !!!! After series of tests and a diagnosis by a Riverside Hospital Specialist in Ottawa (I won’t say names but I should), she could declare that to me. Very disappointing. Well good luck to all who try this – it is a guarantee that you will heal yourself.
My brain fog went away as well which was a major plus as I’d suffered with that for 10 years, and that was from gluten I realized by following this way of eating. I must keep this up though because if I do have something off this diet I will get a twinge in my wrist or toe as a reminder that the arthritis is still ‘on my back doorstep’. Thank you for sharing his work, it saved my life ”
If only more people with auto-immune conditions knew how powerful diet can be.
Paleo Nutrition Seminars – 2 scheduled:
Saturday 26th January, 9 – 11.00 am
CrossFit Auckland, 19C Triton Drive, Mairangi Bay
Wednesday 30th January, 6.30 – 9.00 pm
Grey Lynn Community Centre, 510 Richmond Rd
Cost: Just $45.00 (includes Paleo nutrition guidebook)
To Book: contact Julianne:
Phone: 09 378 1573 or 0800 72 74 72, or mobile 021 680 703
- What ways does today’s diet differ from the diet that best suits our genes.
- What are the health consequences of these changes
- How grains affect our digestive system and health
- Leaky gut and auto-immune consequences
- Can we reduce anti-nutrients in grains?
- Sugar, refined carbohydrates, glycemic load and hunger
- Fructose – the toxic sugar
- Science – the effect of standard diet on blood sugar, hormones, cortisol and hunger compared to a paleo meal
- Protein – what it is used for and how it helps with appetite control
- Fats: which fats cause harm, which are healthy and which ones to we need more of?
- The Omega 3 to 6 ratio and how to balance them in your diet
- Fibre, which type and what foods to eat
Part 2: Paleo Eating for health and performance
- How much carbohydrate, protein and fat should YOU eat?
- A Guide to portion size for you, and what your meals should look like
- What foods to eat to get a high nutrient diet, what are the healthiest foods in each group
- 30 day Paleo challenge guideline
- What fluids to drink
- Recommended supplements or food high in those nutrients
- Pre and post workout meals
- Lifestyle factors: sun, sleep, and exercise, why they matter – a lot
- Setting up your environment for success